Effective Date: March 1st 2019
Last Updated: October 1st 2019
In line with the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is intended to protect customers/consumers against the misuse of business and personal data across manual and electronic records, we at Nyks Naks respect your concerns about privacy.
The Nyks Naks office is located at The Coach House, Upper York Street, Bristol, BS2 8QN, United Kingdom.
Information we obtain
Information we may collect
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, as follows:
- Through discussions via telephone, email, online, digitally and in print regarding information about our services.
- Through requests for publications and other marketing materials.
- Through requests for information about our services and events.
- Through event registration and event participation.
- Through enquiry and comment communication.
The type of data and personal information we may collection will include:
- Name, address, email address, workplace/company, job title, work contact details and other contact information.
- Correspondence details, if you have contacted us.
- Topics of interest.
- Website visit details.
- Any potential multimedia files, such as videos, images and photographs.
- User experience details.
- Any other information provided in accordance with registering, sponsoring and/or attending an event.
We will ensure any collection of data will be:
- Processed and used only for specified and lawful purposes, and with appropriate consent.
- Accurate and up-to-date.
- Held securely for no longer than is absolutely necessary.
Information we obtain by automated means
We may use third-party web analytics services on our website, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use our website. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about Google Analytics, and how to opt out, please click here.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our website, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the website and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third-party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies and notices of the third-party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
How we use the information we obtain
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services to you.
- Perform transactions that you request.
- Incorporate your contact details into the Nyks Naks database.
- Send you newsletters and other communications relating to our services.
- Create and manage your account.
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, promotions, offers, surveys, focus groups and market research (where applicable, if you have not opted out of receiving such communications).
- Respond to your enquiries and/or comments.
- Provide aggregate statistical information and perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, economic impact analyses, demographic analyses and anonymisation and aggregation of personal information).
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing, improving and analysing our services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud, copyright infringement, unauthorised use and distribution of protected content and other criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including our Terms and Conditions.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as:
- Customising our users’ visits to our website.
- Delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our website.
- Manage our website and other aspects of our business.
We may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We do not obtain or record personal information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. Our website is not designed to respond to ‘do not track’ signals from browsers.
Information we share
- We are required to do so by law or legal process.
- For the purposes of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending any legal rights.
- To law enforcement authorities or other government entities based on a lawful disclosure request.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the website (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Nyks Naks is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Your rights and choices
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries:
- We will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
How we protect and store personal information
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is required; however the longest will be 3 months after termination of services.
We take every precaution to protect any and all personal data held by Nyks Naks. We have security measure in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration including encryption, security, Internet protocols and data replication. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our website.
Links to other websites and apps
Our website may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked websites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites and apps.
How to contact us